I ran into this recipe looking for simple, easy and it had to include olive oil. I enjoy it every time I make it. This dish is very good and easy for entertaining. This is a recipe by Joy Hoy.
Pairs well with Sauvignon Blanc.
- 1 pound semolina or whole grain pasta
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound baby arugula leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Manchego or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese freshly grated
Heat olive oil in a large skillet and cook garlic for 1 minute. Add baby arugula leaves and toss until they are wilted, about 1-2 minutes. Meanwhile cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water salted until al dente. Drain pasta and toss with arugula in the skillet and season to taste with salt pepper and cheese.