Makes: 4 sandwiches
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- 8 slices crusty bread
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 8 slices monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spread butter on one side of each bread slice. Put 2 bread slices in the skillet, buttered-side down. Layer 2 slices of prosciutto, 1 slice of cheese, dates and basil and another slice of cheese on each piece of bread. Close each with another piece of bread, buttered-side up.
- Cook, pressing the sandwiches with spatula, until cheese melts and the bread is golden 3-4 min per side. Repeat to make more sandwiches. Enjoy this easy unusual sandwich.